Posted on: 2019-07-17 15:54:27
Application due date:
Link to posting: https://jobs.wayne.edu/
Responsible for essential institutional reporting functions of the office. Ensures accurate and timely submissions of mandatory federal and State reporting; coordinates and collaborate with other professionals for successful maintenance and management of the University official census data repository process and other decision-support activities. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Institutional Research and Analytics.
• Manage the day-to-day Institutional Research reporting functions by meeting federal, state and other external reporting requirements and satisfying the data needs of internal decision-making support. Ensure that all data/reports are submitted in a timely fashion, with the highest possible data quality. Perform due diligence data checking prior to data census days; perform system queries to respond to data surveys. Respond to major data requests from internal customers. Guide, mentor and delegate work to research analysts; ensure quality and accuracy of work product.
• Oversee the student information system database and Enterprise Data Warehouse to retrieve, clean, and organize data; develop and produce reports on student demographics, enrollments, course grades, etc.; and present reports and data in written and oral form.
• Perform enrollment projections in collaboration with the Budget Office.
• Provide reporting and statistical analysis of data from all sectors of the university to be used in compiling and reporting on strategic indicators, institutional performance, fact books, and website, etc.
• Interpret research findings and determine appropriate methods to report such findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development.
• Compile and analyze information for senior management. Work with schools, colleges and divisions at the university to assess, advise and implement research projects, including regular standardized reports, as well as individualized reports as needed.
• Coordinate with academic departments, financial aid, registrar, and various other university offices in conducting analysis and preparing reports.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in relevant field and experience in research methodology, statistics, and assessment practices.
• Experience Specialist (minimum 5 years of job-related experience)
• Minimum 5 years of related experience, with at least 2 years of direct divisional or institutional assessment practice and experience including: long-range and strategic planning and/or project management, program evaluation, business process modeling and change management.
• ANALYTICAL SKILLS: Excellent data management skills and the ability to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to diverse audiences in support of decision-making. Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; Ability and willingness to reevaluate and improve analytical, reporting and survey activities.
• COMPUTER SKILLS: Extensive knowledge of reporting analytics solutions (Power BI, SAS, SQL). Proficient knowledge of data extraction methodologies for metric development. Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite).
• COMMUNICATION: Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively engage with a variety of people. Skilled in writing procedures, guidelines and application documentation. Communicate technical and analytical information verbally and in written reports.
• TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: A strong understanding of leading-edge methods of data management and analysis across a large complex institution. Proficiency with query language and statistical software such as SQL, TOAD, SAS, PowerBI or other similar software is required.
• MANAGEMENT SKILLS: Excellent organization, management, communication, and human relation skills.
• MULTICULTURE SKILLS: The ability to serve and engage others in a multicultural environment. An openness to change and grow by learning from others.
• ABILITY TO INFLUENCE: Ability to enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task or program. Manage the design and delivery of data visualizations to support internal teams and external customers.
• BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE: General knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques. Demonstrates a strong understanding of data sources, database, design, and development logic and constructs, especially as related to data warehouse technology. Able to download, merge, manipulate, analyze and report on large amounts of complex data.
• DEPENDABILITY: Ability to produce consistent work, meet established deadlines, and strong attention to detail and follow up skills to each task and assignment.
• INTEGRITY: Demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles. Able to manage and protect confidential information