Posted on: 2018-01-11 18:20:19
Application due date:
Link to posting: https://jobs.owens.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1517600134717
· Plan, prepare, and present written and oral research reports that transform data into meaning to support institutional operations, compliance, assessment, continuous improvement, strategic planning, and decision-making. (20%)
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to (a) specify meaningful research questions, (b) design appropriate research methodologies, (c) gather useful data elements, and (d) analyze, interpret, and communicate results in a way that increases institutional knowledge and facilitates thoughtful, well-informed action. (20%)
· Develop queries that extract data from the administrative information system and other sources using appropriate technologies. (10%)
· Organize, prepare, and present information, analyses, and interpretation clearly, effectively, and creatively in narrative, tabular, visual, and oral modes using a variety of technologies to enhance understanding and communication. (10%)
· Identify and perform appropriate descriptive and inferential statistics to describe, evaluate and predict quantitative measures. Conduct qualitative analyses to identify themes and to enrich insight. (10%)
· Design and implement survey research from instrument construction through data collection, analysis, and results reporting. (10%)
· Assist with the development and maintenance of databases in a standardized form using suitable tools, verifying accuracy and consistency over time. Identify potential problems; recommend and implement solutions. (6%)
· Assist with routine data submissions to the Ohio Department of Higher Education (HEI), The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, the National Student Data Clearinghouse and other agencies. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of reporting requirements, definitions, and processes. (6%)
· Serve on college-wide committees and teams as needed. (4%)
· Document project processes, sources, and techniques to ensure the consistent application of methodologies in future projects. (2%)
· Other duties as assigned. (2%)
Required Education, Experience & Skills
· Master’s Degree in research-related field with strong quantitative, data analysis and research methods training, such as psychology, sociology, educational research, statistics, computer/data science, information systems, or business.
· Three years experience in research design and methods, data collection/management, statistical analysis and reporting.
· Three years experience with advanced data applications.
· One year experience with survey methodology, data collection and analysis.
· Excellent communication skills (e.g., listening, oral, written and visual).
· Ability to establish rapport, build relationships and work harmoniously with others.
· Professional, pleasant and enthusiastic demeanor.
· Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
· Ability to think creatively to solve problems and learn new techniques and technologies.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively balance workload.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
· Three years experience in an institutional research or applied social science/higher education research setting.
· Experience working in higher education.
· Experience with Ellucian/Banner.
· Advanced expertise in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, SQL or PL/SQL, relational databases, Oracle, Toad, SQL Developer, Tableau, Jaspersoft, SPSS, SNAP Survey Software, IT business systems, and data warehousing.
Posted 12/19/2017. Open until filled. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.