Posted on: 2019-01-03 18:43:33
Application due date:
Link to posting: https://oaklandcc.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=52742&job=executive-director-of-institutional-effectiveness
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Provide leadership and administrative oversight of the Institutional Research, Student Learning Assessment, Articulation, and Curriculum Research and Operations departments as well as the Data Collection Center of Oakland Community College. Provide leadership in formulating, implementing and administering strategic decision support systems which evaluate the efficacy of institutional, academic, curricular and student programs, services and policies. The employee is expected to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural diverse working environment. This position reports to the Vice-Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs.
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required.
1. Serve as chief architect of the college’s system for evaluating institutional performance.
2. Conceptualize, implement and analyze evaluative frameworks which establish the effectiveness of academic, curricular and student programs, services and policies.
3. Plan, implement and oversee empirical studies which examine the characteristics of curriculum and related organizational factors and policies that affect student learning and success.
4. Oversee the design, creation and maintenance of a highly integrated database which supports institutional as well as departmental analytical needs.
5. Establish, monitor and report on the attainment of institutional, academic, curricular and support service performance benchmarks.
6. Initiate and direct formative and summative evaluative studies which employ primary and secondary data in the analysis of information which directly supports policy review and formulation.
7. Provide administrative oversight of the college’s comprehensive student learning assessment program which involves courses, programs, general education and co-curricular activities.
8. Provide leadership in the establishment and utilization of secondary and post-secondary articulation agreements.
9. Provide administrative oversight of primary and secondary data collection processes and procedures.
Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness Page 2
10. Provide oversight for state and federal compliance reporting and serve as the College’s data coordinator.
11. Provide leadership in the interpretation of research findings and formulation of action strategies that improve college operations.
12. Serve as the College’s Chief Institutional Review Board (IRB) officer.
13. Identify budget, human and technological resources necessary to effectively accomplish assigned responsibilities.
14. Hire and train staff, evaluate their performance and provide coaching and direction as necessary.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research design, methodologies, survey implementation and data analysis protocols.
· Knowledge of principles and techniques for preparing and executing formative and summative research.
· Knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices.
· Knowledge of the role and purpose of the community college in meeting the needs of the community.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Master’s degree, PhD preferred.
· Minimum ten years or greater experience in applied research, evaluation and assessment of learning, with five or more years’ experience managing a complex research department.