Posted on: 2020-08-14 15:55:55
Application due date: 28 August, 2020
Link to posting: https://jobs.uc.edu/job/Cincinnati-Business-Data-Reporting-Analyst%2C-Institutional-Research-OH-45201/666511800/?from=email&refid=2870315900&utm_source=J2WEmail&source=2&eid=766-202020121020-6060410200&locale=en_US
The University of Cincinnati, founded in 1819, is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. The university boasts a student body of over 44,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the region’s largest employer with over 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers.
The University of Cincinnati embraces diversity and inclusion as core values and seeks to empower all members of the university community. The University of Cincinnati is ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses.
UC's benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, as well as Long-Term Disability, Employee and Dependent Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long-Term Care Insurance. Please use the following link: http://www.uc.edu/hr/benefits.html for more information about the university's benefits plans, benefits summaries, as well as information about employee discounts, retirement savings, and much more.
Business Data Reporting Analyst
The Office of Institutional Research is looking for a Business Data Reporting Analyst. Reporting to an Assistant Director of Institutional Research, the Business Data Reporting Analyst is responsible for database management and warehousing, data reporting, publishing and/or disseminating data and reports, as well as for providing technical guidance, support, expertise and advanced reporting (extraction/analysis) for the systems used at the University of Cincinnati. The incumbent will work cooperatively with UCIT staff on the improvement of Institutional Research data warehouses and standardized data report queries in the development of dashboards and dynamic statistical reporting, providing user training where required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must have the ability and working knowledge to provide technical and analytical support to promote the functions of the Institutional Research office to a systematic format. The Institutional Research Office is in charge of producing official reports to various external agencies, and is also in charge of rolling out reports and dashboards to a broad set of colleges and offices on campus. As such, the Business Data Reporting Analyst plays a significant role in making sure that data and information produced by the Office of Institutional Research is distributed effectively and efficiently internally and externally.
The following documents are required to apply:
- Letter of interest. Please describe reason for interest in the position.
- Resume. Include employment dates, and full or part-time status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or other related field with 1 year of business and/or ERP related experience – OR – Associate’s degree in a related field with 3 years of business and/or ERP related experience –OR – 5 years of business and/or ERP related experience.
- Basic knowledge of systems and database administration and must work well within a team environment.
- Masters’ Degree in Information Systems with specialization on Business Intelligence
- Experience working with PeopleSoft in the higher education context
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience maintaining a data warehouse environment
- Experience with BI reporting tools, for example OBIEE, Tableau, MS Reporting Services, OLAP, MS Excel, MS Access, or others
- Experience improving BI output performance and rendering, as well as security-based rollouts
- Proficiency with BI programming languages, for example SQL, TSQL, MDX, Oracle
- Knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database concepts and query development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to explain complex technical concepts in business terms for non-technical users
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Must be able to interpret and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience working successfully within a team environment
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.